I just happened to be looking through articles I wrote in the past and was struck by this one when I read the book "Collapse" by Jared Diamond. It is a non-fiction book that studies how previous cultures collapsed and potentially how present day ones could collapse.
Since that article was written I have watched how countries like Somalia have stayed collapsed, and now we are watching countries like Yemen on the verge of collapse as well as Afghanistan and possibly Pakistan under the present conditions on the world stage.
There is ecocide which appears to be a combination of Global Climate change and misuse of resources because of whatever the reason which is now taking place to a greater or lesser degree all over earth now. And then there is cultural genocide which are the various forms of terrorism(drugs wars like Mexico to Islamic fundamentalist Terrorsts). All of these various forms of misdirected people destroy cultures and ecologies worldwide and help to end civilization as we know it in those areas.
For example, just in regard to clean water today January 2010, 5000 children die every day from lack of clean water worldwide which is equal to 12 jumbo jets full of children crashing every day on earth.
Previous factoid from:
Top 10 Posts This Month
- most read articles from KYIV Post
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Plant-Based Filter Removes Up to 99.9% of Microplastics from Water
- 158,008 visits to intuitivefred888
- A Longer History of the Internet
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- How He lives without money
- Autobiographical Essays on My Life
- Here's a repeat of the articles about Iguanas falling out of trees because they are frozen and cold blooded in Florida