Friday, February 22, 2019

regarding watching "I Am the Night" with Chris Pine

I found it wasn't on Amazon Prime or Netflix so it was going to be harder to get to watch this 6 part series with Chris Pine. So, I asked my daughter how I pay for a youtube.com movie? She said just go to youtube.com and follow the instructions. However, when I tried to do this I was unable to use a card through Roku and Youtube to pay for this movie on by 60 inch Flatscreen.

So, when I tried to make it work I was trying to use my Iphone (I didn't want to watch it on my Iphone by the way. That didn't work. Then I tried to register on my Laptop which is a 15 inch Macbook pro which did work. It then wouldn't carry over to the Roku and 60 inch Flatscreen. We were able to buy the whole season in HD for $14.99. But, I couldn't watch it on the flatscreen and was forced to watch the $14.99 purchase on my 15 inch laptop with my wife.

But, remember this is a pretty dark Film Noir kind of thing taking place in 1965 I believe. So, Chris Pine is a Marine from fighting in the Korean war who is now a newspaper writer and then there is Fauna Hodel who seems to be someone who thinks she is 1/2 Black and 1/2 white even though that may or may not be true who is from Nevada. So, there are all these elements you aren't exactly sure of spinning all over the place. You also see the corruption of some L A police which was more rampant in the 1940s through the 1960s in Los Angeles then, especially racist police and stuff like that.

So, this is pretty dark regarding the subject matter. I'm purposely not telling you too much because after all it is a film noir kind of maybe a murder mystery with all these kinds of elements. So, be prepared for some really dark subject matter in this mystery series.

Later: Tonight I found out that "I AM the Night" with Chris Pine is a series on TNT network and the next episode "Aloha" is starting I believe on 2-25 which is next Monday if you have cable TV.

I bought the episodes "Pilot", "phenomenon of interference", "Dark Flower", and "Matador" this week and they charged me $14.99 for this but if you have cable TV you can get "Aloha" and other episodes direct from TNT instead of having to pay for them.

This is a Film Noir Novel set to a series based to some degree on the "Black Dahlia" thing that happened in real life in I believe in 1947 in Los Angeles. However, this particular series is set in 1965 in Los Angeles or wherever else this series takes us.

No comments: