You could sort of feel that the Congress after today may be moving in the direction of impeaching the president. Cohen is obviously upset that he is going to jail (for doing the president's bidding) and so far the President is not. So, Cohen facing 3 years in Jail including being disbarred so he cannot practice law anymore has destroyed that aspect of his livelihood. So, his wanting revenge on what he has sacrificed in doing the president's bidding is extreme.
He made a point that may have hit a lot of Trump allies pretty hard which is: "Hey Guys! I was once loyal to Trump and look what it got me!" And I think that more and more Republicans might have to face themselves now even though they have been intimidated by Trump in very awful ways already.
But, in the end it might be about whether or not we have a democracy or not anymore. And individually one by one I think Republicans loyal to Trump because of his intimidation of them are going to start having cracks show up in their veneer of apparent loyalty to him after today. Because what happened to Cohen could also happen to them just as easily.
Why do I think that?
Because every Republican attacked only Cohen. NO ONE DEFENDED THE PRESIDENT IN ANY OTHER WAY THAN ATTACKING COHEN.
Because of this it means to me that NO REPUBLICAN thinks Trump is innocent of crimes.
And this is why one by one they are going to start to crack and their stance is going to fall away of loyalty to Trump one by one from now on.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- NordicTrack and Weight lifting
- Limitless pills (like the movie are for real) however, caution is advised (deleted article)
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- The Fox News general who 'spooked' Trump out of attacking Iran
- A former 'Mythbuster' built his own bulletproof Iron Man suit. It can fly, too.
- Iranian boats attempted to seize British tanker
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Europe's 5G difference: Unlimited data without a big surcharge
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology