Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The real key to a long life is understanding yourself

Why?

Because if you come to understand yourself you can parent yourself. If you can parent yourself you can reinvent yourself like I have many times in my life.

For example, I was asked to leave my childhood church because I was just too progressive for them when I was 21 in 1969. I at first because I was going to marry someone in my church before this became despondent and suicidal for about 4 years time. But, I also reinvented myself because I saw I wouldn't survive to 25 otherwise. So, I reinvented myself for a life without the church i was raised in. By age 27 or 28 I came to realize that I couldn't be a church member simply because I always ask too many questions. And you cannot ask ANY questions and be a member of any church because if you do they won't like you. Because all churches are based upon "NOT ASKING CERTAIN QUESTIONS". So, I found I could still believe in God but joining a church wasn't going to work for me because I don't stop questioning everything when I join a church.

The last church in my 20s I belonged to said to me in a letter: "We cannot have someone on church staff who thinks that they have a direct connection to God!"

To me, this was the highest compliment I had ever been paid by anyone in my life. But, also it showed me that because of my intelligence I wound up being on staff in a leadership role in any church I joined and this was never going to work for me.

So, I gave up joining churches because I saw it was only going to be counter productive for me in both the short and long run. This is a lonely way to be in some ways but I saw it was my path as a spiritual researcher for all mankind. I'm constantly researching how mankind can survive this complete mess we are in now and into the future. Churches just want to make you feel good and think everything is okay. But on one level that just leads to human extinction in both the short and long run.

So, my choice is to continue to do research into how mankind might survive all this and my blog is a part of this "Asking questions" that might in the end save us all.

What I have realized is that if I can ask the right questions, even if I don't find the answers one of you will find the answers eventually.

So, in the end it is about forming the right questions that I or one of you can actually answer that will save us all from extinction here on earth.

By God's Grace


No comments: