Thursday, March 10, 2011

khanacademy.org a free revolution in teaching mathematics worldwide

Search Results

Khan Academy

Test at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sr/documents/rtqgeom.pdf . ..... presentations by Salman Khan. Also a few other mentions of Khan Academy at other talks. ...
www.khanacademy.org/ - Cached - Similar
Above is the search results for Khanacademy.org from Google.
If you get the chance be sure to either watch the segment on Brian Williams NBC News March the 10th 2011 or just go there direct and watch Bill Gates talk about it. He has donated 3.5 million dollars from the Gates Foundation to help educate kids and adults and anyone who wants to learn worldwide. Salman Khan is a MIT Graduate and you can tell he loves learning advanced math and physics. I presently am listening to his course on Physics. Though I have always been interested in Physics I didn't go beyond Geometry in High School in my Senior year. So, I never took physics because I didn't have enough advanced math for that. I had enough, however, for computer programming as in Fortran and Cobol and eventually Basic which I taught my kids to program on on my TRS-80 from Radio Shack in 1978.

So lately, I have been wanting to study physics not for work but simply because I have always been interested in it and reading a lot of books about scientific breakthroughs in particle physics which I find fascinating which started with a book called "The Tao of Physics" in the 1970s. Salmon Khan's style is very good because you can hear in his voice his interest in his subject. Because he is also an MIT Graduate he is very smart and efficient like many public school teachers teaching the subject might not be because no one can afford to pay (at least) in public school an MIT Graduate who really knows his stuff. So, it is a real treat to hear someone really this good on a subject who seems to love teaching it. This is a real breakthrough for anyone who speaks English Worldwide.

No comments: