Friday, October 11, 2013

Charlie Thom has passed away

 Charlie Thom passed away. I found out less than 1/2 hour ago while a friend called me to tell me he was going to one of the Sweat Lodge sites on Mt. Shasta that he used sanctioned by the Forest Service. Charlie Thom was one of the most amazing medicine men I have ever met or sweat with in his Sweat Lodges starting in the early 1980s. He will be missed by all who knew him.

Search Results


  1. Charlie Thom Old Sweat Lodge - YouTube

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV301krKA_M
    May 30, 2012 - Uploaded by MIchael Gleason
    Charlie Thom, A Native America Karuk Medicine Man, shows us his old sweat lodge near the Marble ...

  2. About - WALKING BACKWARDS

    www.walkingbackwardsfilm.com/About.html
    Feb 27, 2011
    In 1980, while on sabbatical in the mountains of Northern California, New York photographer-filmmaker John ...

  3. Charlie “Red Hawk” Thom - Karuk Elder - The Best of Mt Shasta ...

    mtshastaconferenceschedule.com/blog/charlie-thom-karuk-elder/
    Charlie Thom, Karuk Elder – Photo by Larry Reed ShadowLight Productions ... Charlie Thom – Prayer and The Old healing Ways of his Ancestors, Herbs, ...

  4. Charlie Thom | Facebook

    https://www.facebook.com/charlie.thom.7
    Charlie Thom is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Charlie Thom and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes ...

  5. Charles “Red Hawk” Thom Sr

    www.bbrilliant.com/CHARLESREDHAWKTHOM/
    Charles “Red Hawk” Thom Sr. Northern California Native American Karuk medicine man-ceremonial leader Charles “CharlieThom was. born near the Marble ...

  6. Walking Backwards - EarthAlive

    www.earthalive.com/Walking_Backwards.html
    Charlie Thom, age 3, with his older brother. Charles Thom Sr singing World Renewel song with ancient white deer skin at the Museum of Natural History in New ...
  7. Images for Charlie Thom

     

     

    I likely met Charlie Thom for the first time when I was about 33 years old which would have likely been spring or summer of 1981. I was married for the second time and was raising my son from my first marriage and my 2nd wife's 2 kids from her first marriage at the time. We were home schooling our children and living very remote on 2 1/2 in an A Frame that I had built on our land. We were studying with several medicine men at the time and through one of them we met Charlie Thom. I immediately liked Charlie Thom because he was naturally Crazy Wisdom like me and very intuitively gifted like I was too. In fact, I was sweating with one of his sons in a sweat lodge and there were about 50 people there and I realized I was supposed to do a Vision Quest so I did in the summer of 1983 on the South Fork of the Trinity River about 5 miles from the nearest human being or dirt road in a bear wallow there. This 4 days without water or food changed my life in many ways because it was incredibly empowering. When I realized I could actually live that long without water or food I was really impressed with what a healthy human being can do. Also, I learned how as one enters through prayers these states of consciousness they are very different from city consciousness. You senses open up and you realize that most people are only aware of about 1% to 10% of who and what they really are. This is incredibly empowering for someone like me. So, I'm very grateful to all the medicine people including Charlie Thom that I studied with at that time for helping me to see that human beings are much more than they usually appear to be.

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

No comments: