Or "As a man or a woman thinketh so are they"
My parents taught me this way of thinking. Most people don't seem to understand that what you put your attention upon affects your life and what happens to you a lot. So, putting your attention on the good things you want rather than spending time being freaked out about what you don't want is helpful.
In the old days in Asia people avoided wars, murders and other cultural difficulties sometimes just by going off by themselves and living in caves sometimes for years alone. This isn't for everyone but some of them succeeded in becoming enlightened before they died or teaching these secrets to others and so on and so on.
And one of the basic secrets is to put your attention upon what you want to happen in your life rather than what you don't want to happen in your life.
When I was young I wanted everything to happen exactly as I wanted it to be. Life doesn't work like that. If you have ever sailed a boat it is more like that. Depending upon the wind the water and waves and wind will blow your boat all over the place so you aren't heading towards where you want to go. But, if you learn to be a good sailor in you sailboat, you can use the winds and tiller or wheel and sails to get you going in the direction you want to go. But, you have to watch the wind isn't too much and when there are storms maybe you don't want to sail those days unless you have the right boat and skills for that. But, if you are a good enough sailor and choose the days and winds and days without storms to sail in you might be able to go anywhere you want on earth.
So, this is more what it is actually like to be in sync with God and Life. It is more like sailing a boat or ship than anything else. Just don't try to sail through a rocky area while it is foggy or too windy and you might just be okay.
So, keep your attention on your destination but watch out for the rocks and storms along the way. Keep your attention on the goal you set for your life so you can actually get there. But, unless you are practical and in the moment about all variables you won't ever get to where you are going.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- Elohar when she was 9 which would be around 7000 AD on the first timeline: (We are now on Timeline 2)
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- the actual location of the Crystal Palace is the Dalai Lama Village in Italy near Aoste
- GM president: Electric cars won't go mainstream until we fix these problems
- Oghuzes, Pechenegs, Bashkirs, and Khazars: Wikipedia
- When Angels are a normal everyday experience:
- Saw Lea Michele in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade