[See Photos of the 1964 Great Alaska Earthquake]
Click above button to see photos of the Great Alaska Earthquake. This quake at 9.2 was the biggest any human being had experienced on earth in the 20th century that we know of. There still hasn't been as big or as catastrophic an earthquake anywhere on earth in the last 50 years since then. However, in regard to loss of life the biggest I know of presently is the 2004 Earthquake and Tsunami that reportedly killed around 250,000 people in Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, and India for the most part. And the 2011 one in Japan killed approximately 25,000 to 35,000 people. And even more passed away from injuries or radiation poisoning or grief after that.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Sanskrit: Om Mani Padme Hum
- Took a fall in Kahului the day I left
- Uncle Tommy Travels Time from dragonofcompassion.com
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk has warned for years that increasingly intelligent machines will dominate humans and turn us into their pets
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- In 1980 I was a survivalist for awhile which in some ways is similar to a "Prepper" today