[See Photos of the 1964 Great Alaska Earthquake]
Click above button to see photos of the Great Alaska Earthquake. This quake at 9.2 was the biggest any human being had experienced on earth in the 20th century that we know of. There still hasn't been as big or as catastrophic an earthquake anywhere on earth in the last 50 years since then. However, in regard to loss of life the biggest I know of presently is the 2004 Earthquake and Tsunami that reportedly killed around 250,000 people in Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, and India for the most part. And the 2011 one in Japan killed approximately 25,000 to 35,000 people. And even more passed away from injuries or radiation poisoning or grief after that.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- NordicTrack and Weight lifting
- Limitless pills (like the movie are for real) however, caution is advised (deleted article)
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- The Fox News general who 'spooked' Trump out of attacking Iran
- A former 'Mythbuster' built his own bulletproof Iron Man suit. It can fly, too.
- Iranian boats attempted to seize British tanker
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Europe's 5G difference: Unlimited data without a big surcharge
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology