Begin quote from page 12 of Time Magazine March 31 2014:
Just ask Mikhail Gorbachev. In an interview on the eve of Crimea's annexation, the last leader of the USSR---the Nobel Peace prize Laureate who is credited with ending the Cold War--- declared that Putin should not stop at Crimea. All of Southern Ukraine, Gorbachev said, is Moscow's rightful dominion. "In essence, in history, it's just like Crimea," he told a Russian news Website. "It's population is Russian. It was civilized by Russians." And with tens of thousands of Russian troops massed at Ukraine's eastern border, Putin may yet decide to expand his land grab.
As long as he can follow the Crimean formula---a bloodless and surgical takeover---even his enemies in Russia will applaud.------"
end quote from page 12 of the Time magazine on March 31, 2014.
The above article likely would be hard for Americans and possibly Western Europeans to make full sense of. However, we are not Russian mostly and have not studied Russian history to fully make sense of all this right away. However, it is a factor in properly understanding what actually is going on in Russia and in Putin and Gorbachev's minds.
Here is another one that is mind boggling if you haven't read it from the same article in Time:
72% of Russians agree with Putin retaking Crimea
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Reprint from 2010: To develop your gifts
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling
- Some allegations have been corroborated, while others remain unverified regarding the Steele File