A friend of ours came over for an Easter Brunch and brought this book to my wife as a gift. I had never heard of this author before and was interested he was knighted by the Queen in England because of his entertaining and humous style of fantasy writing that he does.
I read the title story (the real book includes "and other tales") so this is a compilation book of humorous fantasy tales.
I remember reading things like this a lot in Grade school but it is so very well written it is worth reading again as an adult. The humor and mind set I have never really seen before so his writing is quite unique and so I can see why over time he was knighted but unfortunately he passed away March a year ago but his writing lives on. He was born the same year I was.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Arcane first came to me around 1980 then Elohar and Ragna a year or two later
- part of "Mahasiddha" from dragonofcompassion.com
- Arcane: Definition and Wikipedia entry
- What is "Carry Water Chop Wood" all about?
- Supreme Court rules against Aereo
- Amnesiac medications