A friend of ours came over for an Easter Brunch and brought this book to my wife as a gift. I had never heard of this author before and was interested he was knighted by the Queen in England because of his entertaining and humous style of fantasy writing that he does.
I read the title story (the real book includes "and other tales") so this is a compilation book of humorous fantasy tales.
I remember reading things like this a lot in Grade school but it is so very well written it is worth reading again as an adult. The humor and mind set I have never really seen before so his writing is quite unique and so I can see why over time he was knighted but unfortunately he passed away March a year ago but his writing lives on. He was born the same year I was.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling
- Some allegations have been corroborated, while others remain unverified regarding the Steele File
- Fauci concerned by 'disturbing surge in infections'