Sunday, March 27, 2016

Dragons at Crumbling Castle by Sir Terry Pratchett

A friend of ours came over for an Easter Brunch and brought this book to my wife as a gift. I had never heard of this author before and was interested he was knighted by the Queen in England because of his entertaining and humous style of fantasy writing that he does.

I read the title story (the real book includes "and other tales") so this is a compilation book of humorous fantasy tales.

I remember reading things like this a lot in Grade school but it is so very well written it is worth reading again as an adult. The humor and mind set I have never really seen before so his writing is quite unique and so I can see why over time he was knighted but unfortunately he passed away March a year ago but his writing lives on. He was born the same year I was.

No comments: