I don't feel they are safe. You could make the argument that most of them are too small and you might die in them. You could make the argument that you cannot turn the batteries off when you are in an accident (but that's been fixed by most cars now). You might make the argument that you don't want to be electrocuted if you have an accident(if there is no one to turn off the batteries in your trunk for you this could happen. You could make the argument that you don't want to be upside down with battery acid burning your eyes and making you blind. However, I don't know if most electric or hybrd batteries even have battery acid anymore, instead they are prone to catch fire, even though I never have heard so far of a car catching fire at 70 or 80 miles per hour from it's batteries, even though they do use the types of batteries that do tend to catch fire a lot.
The main reason of all of them I don't own or even rent Electric or Hybrid cars is I don't like the idea of the Electrical Coronas from the generators or motors. Both Generators and motors (or alternators) have coronas. Let's call it an electrical aura if you don't know what they are. In the old days when you drove under power lines your radio would buzz a lot until you got away from the power lines because your radios weren't shielded then and also were analog not digital in their reception. Well, what made your radios scream or buzz was the electrical corona of the power lines at high voltage and people known to live under power lines with 30,000 to 50,000 volts often get cancer within 10 to 20 years of doing this, for example.
So, for me, I don't want to get something like leucemia or brain cancer like you would from being on a cell phone continuously up to your head for 10 to 20 years straight. Because when you ride anywhere in an electric car you are slowly making yourself sick and reducing your lifespan. This is a given no matter what they tell you. I have talked to relatives about this who are older and they will say something like "Well. If gas is less and I don't live as long my kids might have a better life."
Yes. That's true as long as you are aware that driving in an electric car reduces your lifespan and quality of life for you and might eventually give you cancer the same way a cell phone up to your ear for 10 or 20 years straight would do the same thing.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Reprint from 2010: To develop your gifts
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling