Friday, March 3, 2017

Shutterfly

About 5 years ago I first heard about Shutterfly and my Cousin's wife loves it and when she came to my God Daughter's wedding that my wife paid for, she made a book of pictures she took and gave one to us and one to our God Daughter and husband which was wonderful because the photographer took about 2 or 3 years to actually come through with the wedding photos.

Today I am contemplating putting my 10,000 worldwide photos at shutterfly simply because moving them to this computer or my wife's computer might be more onerous in order not to lose the photos. One could put all their photos on CDs or DVDs too. For example, my wife just put all my India, Nepal, Thailand and Japan photos from the 4 months there in 1985 and 1986 recently on a Dvd. But,when I play it on my DVD player it takes a long time to load each new photo. So, also it costs 85cents to 1dollar per photo to do this too now days. But, moving from a non-digital slide (because it was taken in 1985 and 1986 to Dvd might be a good option for older photos you want to keep like slides because if you keep track of the CDs or DVDs you have these photos in a non- problematic form possibly for 100 or more years at that point because all magnetic memory is corruptible like you find in hard drives or even magnetic memory at places like Shutterfly too or in the Cloud. But, remember so are DVDs if they get too hot or get dust in them, or get covered by mud from a flood.

So, even DVDs are not a perfect medium to store photos into. That medium likely does not exist yet or possibly ever.


     
  •  
  •  
Unlimited free storage
All your photos.
All in one place. For free.
Quickly find
Search by people, places and dates
to find your photos in a flash.
Easily create
Turn your photos into custom
creations in just a few clicks.
Make one-of-a-kind
creations in 3 easy steps.
UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS
No photo? No problem.
SELECT A PRODUCT
MAKE IT YOURS
The possibilities are endless

No comments: