Here is the really strange thing about this report. It likely is true.
However, who is the United States and Europe against in Syria? We are against Assad remaining in power. So, this is the paradox about all this. We are against Assad remaining in power so an American joins an Al Qaeda Affiliated group to fight against Assad. He decides to sacrifice himself to try to end the regime of Assad. He is fighting against what we are fighting against like every U.S. soldier that has died since 9-11.
So, basically what he might be practicing is "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" which is what early U.S. pilots did by joining Lafeyette Escadrille which was a French group of fighter pilots in World War I before the U.S. joined the war there.
So, I'm not sure calling him a suicide terrorist is actually useful. Because he died trying to remove Assad from power which is what all Americans and Europeans and most of the people on earth want.
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend".
However, the U.S. news cannot report it this way because right now when Al Qaeda groups fight Assad we are in some ways supporting their cause. However, when they attack the Shia led government of Iraq that we helped establish we kill them like recently happened when U.S. helicopter pilots blew up an oil convoy to supply Al Qaeda in Iraq trying to overthrow the government there.
So, it is useful to say in Syria the U.S. sort of supports Al Qaeda when they try to remove Assad from power. However, we do not support them when they go into an area and behead anyone they don't like whether they are Sunni or Shia or whatever.
So, this is the paradox of Al Qaeda that the U.S. government can't really talk about because it is too complex for the average U.S. Citizen and European to understand.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Coronavirus cases spike as China sacks senior officials
- February 3 coronavirus news
- The Radical Possibilities of Not Paying Your Student Loans
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- An Increase of 15,000 cases of Coronavirus in China in one day!