Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My Wife thinks I'm her Rock

Which I find is sort of both endearing and kind of funny. It's really amazing when you find someone complementary to your being. My first two wives were almost exactly like me in some ways but my 3rd wife is so completely different than I am in almost every way that there is never any competition between us at all. There might have been "Power battles" but that is mostly about what happens in any relationship after about 10 years. It's just par for the course. And we have made it 20 years so far together this December.

My wife is a sort of social butterfly in that she can and does talk to everyone and sort of make them a part of her extended family in the gracious way she treats them.

I'm different than that. I'm at core more the strong silent type (at least I was until I was 15 and started dating girls). So, I'm very comfortable with women and always have been since I was about 15 years old and found they like me a lot. So, this was sort of good news to a previously shy boy who was then about 6 foot 1 or so and headed for about 6 foot 5 inches in height. So, what I find funny if I wear boots or cowboy boots with heels it makes me about 6 foot 6 inches tall because I'm 6 foot 5 in my bare feet. Then if I wear a hat it can be very imposing.

So, since I was about 15 I have tried to make people feel comfortable around me instead of feeling like I might break them in two just for fun.

So, this mostly is my biggest fear in dealing with people is putting them at ease about myself so they don't freak out because I'm so big and tall and strong.

So, I tend to be very kind and helpful to people so they get who I am. It's sort of like if you were a Belgian Horse and want to stay alive. You have to be a gentle giant for people to want you to stay alive. However, that doesn't mean you can't defend yourself either. It just means you always want people to feel at ease with you around physically.

However, along with this comes a state of mind where you aren't really physically afraid of anyone or anything either, sort of like being a big and friendly Grizzly Bear. But, you are still a Grizzly Bear even if you are friendly and kind.

No comments: