Thursday, May 29, 2014

My older daughter

My older daughter is visiting for my younger daughter's graduation from high school now. Tomorrow my God Daughter and her husband will drive up from San Diego and another family friend will drive up from Santa Barbara for my younger daugher's graduation. So, there will be a lot going on. My son's wife will deliver likely Sunday or Monday so he and she and my new grandson that will be born soon won't be here. So, a lot is going on. My wife has sort of been losing it this week so I have been trying to stay calm this week for her which I succeeded until last night so I just went and laid down and took a nap around 6 pm. This morning I got up and drove and picked my older daughter up at the airport. She had stayed up all night finishing a beautiful quilt for my younger daughter as a graduation present so she hadn't slept at all. My wife and I were amazed at how beautiful this quilt was too. So, we are happy to have our older 25 year old beautiful daughter here that I actually get along with because she thinks so much like I do and we have skied together since she was about 5 or 7 years old. By the time she was 9 she had her Scuba license and was an expert rock climber and skier too. A really outdoors kind of nature person like me. Wonderful! It's a blessing to have her around.

No comments: