The first closure which will be until December 2017 because the whole bridge had to be replaced from winter storm erosion which is the Pfeifer Bridge near Big Sur.
The 2nd closure is further south and is expected to reopen sometime in June 2017.
And the 3rd closure is further south still and is expected to reopen sometime in June 2017.
But, remember if you are a tourist you cannot drive south from Monterey until December 2017 all the way to San Simeon, Cambria or Morro Bay and the same north from Morro Bay on Hiway 1.
However, you can drive all the way to River Inn in Big Sur from Monterey on Hiway 1 as long as you return the same way to Monterey and then go out through Highway 68 to 101 which is open from Oregon south to likely Los Angeles where it branches into many freeways south to San Diego.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Opinion: I ditched Facebook in 2013, and it's been fine-CNN
- Autonomous car (redirect from Self-driving car): Wikipedia
- China's Xi affirms friendship with North Korean leader, gets denuclearization pledge
- Self driving Uber car kills Arizona Pedestrian
- Blockchain is one way to disrupt Facebook (and other's) control of your information and data
- vehicular automation in Aircraft
- There is evidence offered by the Environmental Health Trust to suggest that women who keep a cellular phone in their bra may develop breast cancer
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...