Monday, August 28, 2023

Something strange and funny happened today

 My son called me and said an app on his phone said he was being tracked and he had traced it to his sister's car which we now own because they moved to Europe. We kept their car so they won't have to rent one whenever they visit the U.S. and for other reasons like right now my son is visiting with his family from Oregon and they are driving his sister's car. So, he calls me and says something is tracking him through the app on his phone. Then later he takes me out to the car and this app tells him exactly where this tracker is. So, I had him look under the car and we couldn't find anything stuck to the bottom of the car with magnets. Then I had an idea that the tracker was in the back of the car inside where the spare tire and tools were kept. When we looked inside of this area I saw a sock likely my daughters and sensed the tracker might be in there. When we looked inside the sock there was a tracker with an Apple sticker on it. At this point we realized likely my daughter had put this tracker in her car so if it was stolen she could find the car herself.

So, when I texted her about this she said "YesLOL" which means Laugh out Loud. :)

First of all I wouldn't have a tracking app on my phone and would likely never put a tracker in my car or truck or ever think about doing this. It's funny to me that first my daughter had a tracker to protect her car from theft in the first place and it's also funny that my son had an app to check if he was being tracked and it was his sister tracking her car so she would know where it was if someone took it. Strange days!

No comments: