Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Yesterday was likely the hottest day of the year here

Where I live it is overcast or foggy a lot from about May through about now lately. But, this allows the forests to do well nearby of pine and oak and Redwoods and Ferns along the SF California coast.

But, the Hurricane changed the weather patterns a lot and devastated places from Baja California to Montana including the mudslide down Mt. Shasta that crossed Everitt Memorial highway and dropped about 3000 feet and several miles to the Mt. Shasta High School Parking lot where it deposited pieces of Trees and rocks and closed the High School for one or more days.

However, here I went up to San Jose to pick up relatives flying in for a visit and wasn't watching how hot I was getting so when I got home since we live where there is no air conditioning (like most places in our area about 90%) I realized I had gotten too hot and was about to pass out from the humidity and heat so I quickly changed into bermuda shorts and got some ice cubes to put on the back of my neck and stood next to a fan to try to cool down some. I cannot remember having to do this for some time now. So, for about an hour it was touch and go for me trying to not pass out from the heat but finally I went back to normal.

IN 1970 I almost froze to death on Mt. Shasta with my college buddies in a White out then and ever since then my temperature senses haven't worked right. Even in 1970 all my joints hurt for 3 to 4 years time in my recovery from nearly freezing to death then. But, I was able to keep all my fingers and toes and my nose because I didn't get frostbite then even though Levi Jeans I was wearing froze solid from the wet all the way up to my hips from spending the night in an ice cave or snow cave we dug to survive the blizzard over night then during Christmas Vacation from College then in 1970 there on Mt. Shasta.

No comments: