Tuesday, August 29, 2023

My family and I were watching the first two episodes of Harry Potter again

 One of my Grandchildren is now the right age to begin watching them. I had forgotten how amazing all the actors are in this series of movies. Just Amazing! And the Story lines by J.K. Rowling are unlike anything written before. I think she wrote them for her daughter when she was living in Edinburgh,Scotland with her young daughter. Ediburgh Castle was the inspiration I think for Hogwarts and many of the names you will find in the book are also from Edinburgh near the Castle there. 

I first visited Edinburgh Castle in Fall of 1999 with my then 10 year old daughter and found it to be a truly amazing experience. My wife and younger daughter and my wife and a friend returned here in 2011 which was very interesting too which I believe was 12 years later so my older daughter must have also been 22 then that I visited the Castle with when she was 10.

No comments: