Saturday, August 26, 2023

The path of Compassion

 As a young man I was very into TRUTH. The problem with Truth is that it is literally a sword that cuts both ways. It both kills people or it saves their lives and does both in each and every moment. Truth also leads to racism because everything in Truth is either one way or the other. It's sort of like this:

"He or she who lives by the sword of Truth also dies by the Sword of Truth."

I saw in my 20s how racist most Christians are here in the U.S. who go to church every Sunday and this doesn't just apply to white people but also to black people and brown people and yellow people and red people and all the mixtures of races and ethnicities that there are on earth.

So, seeing how racist almost everyone is worldwide: "Whether they admit it or not or believe it or not" I began to realize that being a Christian for most Americans is the same thing as being a racist. So, whether you are racist against other races or you are racist against people who are agnostic or Atheists you are still a racist and therefore potentially dangerous to anyone who thinks differently than you do.

As I addressed this ongoing problem all over the earth I came to realize that Truth is not the problem really. It's that people need to have compassion for themselves and all other beings. If you get up in what is truth people often die. If you get involved in compassion for yourself and others then no one dies.

Therefore, a path of compassion towards yourself and all other beings is the most powerful helpful path there is which leads to a long life and a happy healthy life too.

So, the path of Compassion is the most powerful and wonderful path I have found yet on earth.

By God's Grace

P.S. This is what led me to Tibetan Buddhism and a path of compassion.

So, now I see myself as a Mystical Christian and a Tibetan Buddhist. 

And from a Christian point of view Buddhism isn't a religion but instead a philosophy because it doesn't necessarily believe in God.

However, after STudying Tibetan Buddhism since 1980 I have realized it's not that Buddha said God Doesn't exist because he doesn't ever say that.

Instead what he says is compassion for yourself and all other beings is what is important so you and others stop suffering as soon as possible. That's what Buddha says instead.

But, he never says God doesn't exist he just feels debating about whether God exists or not is a complete waste of time so people should be focused on Compassion and help each other survive in Good ways.

And I am one of the 25% of Buddhists who definitely believe in God.

However,  my definition of what God would be might be different than yours.

For me, God is the intelligence in all life in the entire physical universe and any other universes that also exist on into infinity. That's what God is to me. So, we literally are living inside the mind of God as a part of God in each and every moment.

For me, this is not just theoretical but a 24 hour a day experience as I experience oneness with the entire universe of universes that God is all the time.

By God's Grace

No comments: