Monday, August 28, 2023

When you are a blogger often you are puzzled by what your readers tend to want to read

 

This is one of the articles that puzzles me.

For example, this article was written by me in 2013 which is ten years ago now so why would people want to read this over and over again.

I suppose it could be that people who are starting their own websites are interested when people get a lot of visits. But, if people are interested in that I think it's more interesting what happened in 2017 when I was receiving over 100,000 visits per month. also, I believe presently i have over 10 million visits so far to my site simply because the counters on the statistics page only went to 2 million or 2 million 500,000 and then they would automatically reset to zero. This was true for a very long time so I watched my site go to 2 million or so and then the counters would reset to zero. This happened many many times.

So, I presently believe that I have had around 10 million to 12 million visits or more because of this. But, it's also true that I started blogging in 2007 and didn't even check the statistics page numbers until 2011 because I wasn't interested in doing that before then.

But, being a blogger to me is always surprising when you actually see what people tend to want to read about at your site.

No comments: