Top 10 Posts This Month
- Help:Wiki markup language
- Did Emilia Clarke Use a Body Double During the Fire Scene on Game of Thrones?
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Russia Spoofs GPS signal to make ship think it's 20 miles away on land!
- mural Trump and Netanyahu share a kiss on West Bank wall mural
- US calls Venezuela a global threat
- What is a Bot? and how did it steal the election from Clinton?
- Trump absolves Putin and shoots himself in the foot
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Picture of me learning to Windsurf on Koi Samed Island of the coast of Bangkok, Thailand in 1985 December
However, 4 months later after visiting Japan, Thailand, Nepal, and India 4 out of the 5 of us had Giardia which is protozoas in our intestines so we were extremely skinny from this. We went to a foreign disease specialist when we returned to California and she said that the medicines were worse than the disease at that time in 1986 especially for our children. she recommended that it would sluff off within 6 months time which it did and then our health returned to normal and we didn't look like we were starving to death anymore.
Giardia is endemic in places like Nepal, India and Thailand by the way so you have to be very careful what you eat and to protect yourself from dust feces in the air so you don't get giardia. So, it is risky in this way for Americans and Europeans traveling in Asia sometimes for this reason still. You ALWAYS have to boil water before drinking it and things like Tomatoes and lettuce you cannot safely eat without risking giardia in Asia most places. The reason most people are skinny there is that they have giardia in their systems all the time. Their physiologies have just adapted to this over thousands of years of it whereas we have not yet in America and Europe because we have made it a point to keep human feces out of our water systems. Whereas in Asia often human excrement is used to grow things there still so it is also in water everywhere there as well so you have to boil water before you drink it for 5 minutes so you don't get giardia too.
Another interesting thing is the next person to rent this particular windsurfing board just took the prevailing wind and headed out to sea. I watched this 15 or 16 year old boy just head out to sea on the windsurfer so I told the man who rented me the board that this kid didn't know how to turn the Windsurfer and was in jeopardy along with his windsurfing board he rented. So, the man got into his powerboat and rescued the boy before he died out there or something. This was one of the crazier things I saw while in Thailand and India and Nepal.