The Emmy winner suffered from tongue, not throat, cancer.

SHARE 37 12 6 COMMENTMORE
Michael Douglas had tongue cancer, not throat cancer, it turns out.
The newly minted Emmy winner revealed the fact that he purposefully fudged the truth about his 2010 diagnosis on a British daytime show yesterday.
"This was right before I had to go on a big tour for Wall Street (2), so we kind of said there's no way we can cancel the tour and say we don't feel well … You've got to tell them," Douglas told Samuel L. Jackson on ITV's This Morning, as part of Male Cancer Awareness Week. "I said you've just got to come out and just tell them I've got cancer and that's that."
"But the surgeon said, 'Let's just say it's throat cancer.' I said 'OK, you don't want to say it's tongue cancer?', I said 'Why's that?' and he said, 'Well, if you really want to know why, if we do have to have surgery it's not going to be pretty. You'll lose part of you jaw and your tongue and all of that stuff.' So I said, 'OK sure.' "

end quote from:
  1. USA TODAY ‎- 44 minutes ago
    The Emmy winner suffered from tongue, not throat, cancer.