Wednesday, April 1, 2015

If you throw up more than 3 times in a row you might be dehydrated

My son has a Bachelor's of Science degree in Nursing from a California State University. When he called me today he told me I didn't have to be dehydrated before I started throwing up. He said that throwing up more than 3 times in a row will deplete enough water from your bodies reservoir of water (which includes everything inside your skin as well as everything in your intestines). The whole thing together decides whether you are dehydrated or not.

So, whatever the cause of my vomiting about 12 times or more from 6pm until around 2 am Friday night, just that much vomiting we make me need to go to the hospital to get put on a saline IV drip or else unconsciousness or death could result and if you were alone when this happened likely you would die if no one was checking on you. So, the cause of my vomiting could have been food poisoning or just getting too warm and not realizing it or any number of things. However, the end result was I almost died and will likely take several weeks to fully recover.

The good news is that I"m still alive and likely will lose a whole lot of weight(if I'm lucky). The bad news is it is like being in a battle for my life now every day where mostly all I can do is sleep 50 minutes and then 10 minutes in the bathroom. For now, that's the story of my every day. At least my wife is coming here on Thursday to be with me for Easter so I have someone to take care of me because I cannot drive or walk very far (especially without help) in my present condition.

No comments: