Wednesday, April 1, 2015

So you don't worry

I realized some of you might be worried about me at this point so I wanted to write something to let you know I'm still alive and kicking. I had a much better day yesterday and then I did too much today and had to rest the rest of the day. Today was the first time I had been outside my room except to move to another room since Friday. So, that I had the strengh to do even that was a Godsend. However, a trip up the mountain to see Bunny Flats (which had more snow on it than I had expected) and then coming down and seeing my friend's Cherry trees all in bloom on his property and then him taking my daughter's boyfriend and I into his newly refurbished Recording studio was all I could manage. That entire time was 1 hour and I mostly sat as a passenger in my vehicle or sat in his recording studio with tears running down my face from the ordeal so far. So, this was a day of my feelings of gratitude for still being alive coming out emotionally a lot. So, the rest of the day I spent sleeping 45 to 50 minutes, going to the bathroom and then sleeping 45 minutes or so which has been my survival routine since Friday. It turns out it will take much longer to recover the full use of my stomach and intestines than I thought. So, though I'm regular all I can keep down is a few sips of plain kefir (which gives me enough strength to do this) and not much more. I thought of you all possibly worrying about me and realized I needed to get up at midnight so you knew I was still alive and recovering.

I'm not going to visit my two daughter's for Easter. I and everyone agrees I'm still only one step short of returning to the hospital now every day and traveling by car 7 or 8 hours north or south is just going to put me in the hospital again. And it would likely be 3 days recovering there to return to my present level of recovery if I tried that.

So, I'm sending home my older daughter's boyfriend who is about 30 (he was incredibly helpful here since late Monday night in keeping my spirits up. Since he gets off Tuesday and Wednesday at his work this allowed him to see Mt. Shasta (which he loves) as he is an outdoor kind of guy like me.

However, I'm sending him north in his car tandeming with my friends to Ashland and points north to Portland tomorrow. Then on Thursday my wife will join me here for Easter after giving our dog to a pet sitter. She had to find a way to cancel or transfer her airline reservations to Portland to do all this and to arrange different transportation south for my younger daughter from Seattle so she can spend the time with her older sister and her boyfriend on Easter. I'm alive. LIfe is Good. I'm slowly recovering.

No comments: