Wednesday, February 20, 2019

"DEAR GOD. I DON'T PRAY BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN SCIENCE?"

"But I don't know what to do. Give me Guidance"

This is one of the best lines I have heard lately in "My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" on Netflix when a young female lawyer is going to be made partner in her firm and she has a panic attack. 

For someone who lives for wildnerness and nature I feel very sorry for people like this who live in a completely different world than I do. She's wondering why she isn't happy even though she just made Law partner at her firm.

I have watched many people who are doctors and lawyers wonder why they aren't happy all my life and basically, they are asking all the wrong questions.

I think I had to be suicidal for about 4 years to really get it. Happiness has nothing at all to do with career in the end. It has to do with family and friends and wildnerness, for me at least. I suppose happiness could be about anything in someone's life depending upon the person.

But "Dear God, I don't pray because I believe in Science" is unbelievably funny to me.

Life is tough. People in the 1950s knew that if they didn't believe in God likely they would die by 20 or 30.

Often I wonder why people today have no common sense at all and don't realize that the people that survived had a personal connection to God and Life the last 100,000 years. If you didn't have that connection you were often dead by 5 years of age. End of story.

So, common sense is that if you don't believe in something, (even it is only yourself) often you are dead the next day.

This is my experience from growing up in the 1950s where people who believed in nothing I watched die all around me while growing up. Only people who believed in something survived at all back then because death was everywhere to be found when I grew up. It's a little different now.

In the 1950s dying before you were 10 or 20 was perfectly normal. Now, not so much.


Also, believing in God and Science is no contradiction to me.

Also, believing that creationism and Darwin's theory of evolution are competing philosophies I have no problem with either.

Getting lost in any one theory isn't useful. There are theories all over the place but that doesn't make them laws. As far as I'm concerned the jury might be out for another 1000 years regarding all this. 

Creationism to me doesn't seem to make any sense. But, Darwinism has many flaws too. So, maybe 1000 years from now another theory that combines both will arise. Who knows?

By God's Grace

No comments: