So, this must be a big storm to hit here as well as all the way up to Seattle and Canada that is now coming in. So, the storm appears to be coming in later than was expected originally for places like Mt. Shasta and further south as well. I'm watching the radar pick up storm clouds coming on shore heading north and east now from from the Pacific Ocean. They were saying how it was snowing on Maui but I have lived on Maui and it snows this time of year on Haleakala Crater at 10,000 feet pretty normally and on Mauna Kea which is 14,000 feet or more on the big Island of Hawaii too.
Right now in Paia which is sort of on the coast at the base of Haleakala Crater on Maui it is presently 66 degrees with a high coming today of only76 degrees. When temperatures get this low often if there is rain you are going to get snow on Haleakala Crater. I used to live in Paia around 1989 then with my family.
Tomorrow the low for Paia is only 62 degrees which is very cold for a coastal town on Maui any time of year.
Makawao, HI which is at a higher elevation than Paia is only going to be 56 degrees which is very cold for there too tomorrow.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Python (programming language) - Wikipedia
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Globalization may soon cease to exist
- The Skunkworks and the Lockheed SR-71
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Celebrating the International Day of Forests
- Wikipedia on Mt. Shasta
- Pelosi wants to "Lock Trump Up"
- Lake Siskiyou - Wikipedia