Beowulf. I went to see the new Beowulf movie last night with a friend and my daughter. My daughter, being 11 had to hide her eyes through many parts of this movie as it is very intense in a historic Danish Viking kind of way. Since the legend takes place in the 500's AD Christianity is just beginning to reach ancient Denmark.
I thought the movie was excellent I would give the historic legendary dialogue an A and an A for the actors voices. I was thrilled at how well they depicted the way people thought back then and could see the logic of it given the times they lived in.
However, the graphics were strange and surrealistic and beautiful; sometimes believable and sometimes not like a computer video game. Every person was enhanced including Angelina Jolie's body to the point where I don't think they would have gotten a pg13 if it wasn't considered an animation. So on many levels it is very adult and primal in every way and in a very ancient way one doesn't often see in the western civilized world at present.
Overall, I found it to be completely amazing from beginning to end. I would recommend the movie to anyone interested in this period of time that has a strong stomach for blood and guts and directness of the Viking times. Nothing is subtle about this movie that was also a sign of those times when people usually didn't live much beyond 40 or 50 unless they were of very strong stock.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- A deadly California wildfire was set to cover up a woman's Murder
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- most read articles from KYIV Post
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Writing about Angels and your experiences with them might help mankind through these difficult times
- 158,008 visits to intuitivefred888
- Brazen ransomware attack on US unit of Chinese banking giant has financial sector on alert
- The main problem with the 3rd industrial revolution?
- Does Earth Become the water planet New Deva?
- How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs