On Being Faithful. Being faithful to ones friends and lovers is mostly about self respect and integrity. If you can't be faithful then don't make commitments you will break. I found being faithful to any girlfriend very difficult and sometimes impossible from the time I was 21 in 1969 and stopped being a technical virgin(even though I spent nights with my 21 year old girlfriend when I was 16) until 1983 when I was 35. I was faithful to most of my girlfriends and even when I wasn't I told them as I was very 1960's and believed in total honesty even if it was after the fact.
I was faithful to my first wife for the four years we lived together. When we separated I didn't even date anyone for two years, first because I was a single Dad (of a 3 year old son) then and second I felt really upset by the breakup even though by then I realized there was no chance it could work. However, that didn't stop me from still loving my first wife even though I knew there was no way it could work.
By the way I have been faithful to my present wife since 1995 when we first married.
I recently counted up all the ladies in my life that I at least dated and kissed. I was surprised that there had been over 300 and less than 400 total. I also realized that there were 75 to 80 very intimate relationships and I also found this remarkable. However, I have always been more of a serial monogamist in that I preferred to date only one woman at a time. This not only prevents a lot of wear and tear and confusion and violence but it is also just practical.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- the actual location of the Crystal Palace is the Dalai Lama Village in Italy near Aoste
- What is Dragon of Compassion All About?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- When Angels are a normal everyday experience:
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- most read articles of the last 168 hours or 7 days as of November 10th 2019 Sunday