The right to own a handgun. The following New York Times article about the supreme court getting involved in the right to own a handgun is very important to all of us.
I live in a very safe neighborhood. Many people do not. The law abiding citizens who live in very dangerous neighborhoods keep their neighborhoods safe just by being there with weapons. Most people who live in dangerous neighborhoods assume everyone has one or more weapons in their houses. That is a given. Without the right to have a handgun available for emergencies many law abiding citizens in that community would be forced to move to a safer community if they are to obey the law. So taking away the right to own a handgun is to give away hundreds if not thousands of neighborhoods in the U.S. to people who will not obey the law no matter what and whose lifestyle is based upon that. Taking away a person's right to own a gun and thereby protect themselves just by having it available only takes our country further down the road to ruin and anarchy.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Before and after photos show how wildfire reduced Paradise, California, to ashes
- Now What?
- Apec summit ends without statement over US-China division
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- IF I understand the previous article sufficiently:
- Sissy Spacek - Wikipedia
- Pearl Harbor sailor comes home for burial -- 77 years after he died