Saturday, February 16, 2019

Grateful for the Sun

Today in Santa Barbara it is 61 degrees and sunny. Last night when I went outside I sort of felt like crying in euphoria. The moon was out and so were the stars and I felt amazing just not having to deal with clouds and rain and flooding anymore anywhere I went in California at least for last night and now today Saturday. It's warm enough to go walking on the beaches now barefoot which is something I like to do too while I'm in Santa Barbara. So, at least no rain today even though it's supposed to rain again tomorrow. And the Atmospheric Rivers keep on coming from south of Hawaii.

By the way it is supposed to rain on and off Saturday and Sunday in the SF Bay area to the north of us.

Later in the afternoon:

3 of us went for a walk along the beach by the cliffs and it was a really beautiful day. I think it is about 63 degrees and sunny now and it is expected to still reach about 65 degrees Fahrenheit here today along the coast. So, it is likely the best weather I have seen in about 2 weeks of basically stormy flooding weather wherever I have traveled to since I left the SF BAy Area 2 weeks ago yesterday, and headed south into Southern California. We went as far south as San Diego on our journey so far. Just sitting in a lounge chair out in the sun in Santa Barbara. However, the wind is coming up some for the next storm which is supposed to hit here tonight or tomorrow.

No comments: