I was taught this as a child and young person while growing up in the Saint Germain Foundation. I was taught this is a very advanced and adult form of reality. As a Free Thinker this is how one often thinks. Why?
Because this kind of thinking is about "Who is the King or the Queen that makes all the rules that everyone has to follow?" This is how people thought when there were kings and queens more.
Now the rules are sort of made by: "How can we have the most amount of people not put in jail or executed?" So, a system of laws was put in place in the U.S. to try and do this. Are we successful? I would say we are more successful than most other nations (Except we have a higher percentage of our people in jail than any other nation on earth!)
So, if truly "There is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so" then we aren't doing it right. Possibly because there are too many racists of one kind or another making laws and being judges still here in the U.S.
For example, a man might say "Traditionally" "All Rules were made to be broken" and someone like Trump thinks like this too, just look at him!
And some people respect people who constantly break the rules. And maybe we have the wrong rules in place some places too or we wouldn't put so many of our people in jail (more percentage wise than any other nation on earth).
But, if no one was here in America but you, "There is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so."
Your rules would be the only ones made and followed by you and any children you had.
And any religion that was created you would be the founder of it wouldn't you?
So, literally for you as the ONLY person in America "There is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so". If this were the case.
So, as a free thinker one realizes the actual truth of this statement (at least in a theoretical sense).
From Yahoo Answersgood or bad is a value judgment passed by other people or our society. if we have a standard of what is good and what is bad, the judgment is there. However, there is no way to live without a list of standard to protect ourselves. Many people do not believe in other's list but their own experience. Then, it is the one who do not believe gets hurt. An example for your paper. There's... Full answer
- HAMLET. Denmark’s a prison. ... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. To me it is a prison. HAMLET. Well, then it isn’t ...
- There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. Home; My Books; ... “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
- ... There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. ... Then Shakespeare advice hits me: there is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Did Emilia Clarke Use a Body Double During the Fire Scene on Game of Thrones?
- Most read articles in the last 168 hours or 7 days as of Tuesday November 28th 2017
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- More than half of all web traffic is made up of bots.
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Most read articles in the last 168 hours or 7 days as of Friday December 1st 2017
- Timothy Geithner, Bernanke and others helped prevent the 2nd Great Depression
- Douglas Adams (wrote Hitchikers guild to the Galaxy)
- US calls Venezuela a global threat
- most read articles in the last 168 hours or 7 days as of Monday November 27th 2017