Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Elio likely will Sell in California

First of all a three wheeled vehicle in California can be driven without a special motocycle operator's license already. 2nd, I believe if you are in an enclosed vehicle and not out in the open you don't have to wear a helmet either (not sure about this).

So, I think the best place to market first a vehicle like this would be California simply because Californians tend to have enough money to buy something like this just like they have taken to the Hybrid Prius and the Tesla. And here is an 85 mpg vehicle. I think this could really be big with college students commuting to college and for people driving to work alone all across the U.S.

I'm not sure if ANY four wheeled vehicle can promise 85 miles per gallon of gas like the Elio can at a price under $7000. So, here in California I think this vehicle would sell.

The only drawback  might be if they haven't yet smogged this thing for driving in California. That might be the rub. However, I'm not sure any motorcycle in California is required to be smogged because their mileage is so high to begin with and most tend not to smoke.

No comments: