I have observed this all my life. Don't get me wrong I always have been a physical risk taker too. I think this was a psychological reaction from almost dying of whooping cough and childhood epilepsy. So, the closer I could come to death without actually dying the more alive I felt always.
But, as I grew from my teens into my 20s I began to realize as friends often died from this kind of behavior of being too idealistic and not practical enough that I soon might be dead from my behaviors too.
This came to a head for me at age 26 when my son was born so I had to say to myself, "I cannot go on like it doesn't matter whether I live or die anymore, I have to take seriously that I am a father so my son is raised right like I was.
And so I became a pragmatist and even though I would say I'm an idealistic Pragmatist I'm still at core very very practical about everything in life now. Because otherwise I wouldn't still be alive now in my late 60s.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment