Friday, May 6, 2011

The Pure Land of the Present Moment

http://shambhalasun.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3692&Itemid=0
begin quote from Thich Nhat Hanh's article in the May 2011 Shambhala Sun at web location above.

A movie star in her exquisite outfit stood up, bowed her head gracefully, and asked a question:
Dear Thay, we belong to the entertainment world. We are fortunate to have become very successful and popular in society. However, many of us feel lonely, worried, fearful, and desolate. We try to find relief in drugs, sex, and consumption. We have heard of a place called the Pure Land, where people live happily and peacefully. Dear Thay, please be kind and tell us about that land. How can the people in that land live so happily and peacefully, and how can we get there?
Thay smiled, invited her to sit down, and answered gently:
There is indeed a place like that, called the Pure Land of the Present Moment. That land is not limited in space or time. Speaking in Buddhist terminology, that land is outside of space and time. Speaking in terminology of quantum physics, it is nonlocal and nontemporal. Anyone who carries the passport of mindfulness, concentration, and insight can enter that land. end quote.

There was a moment in my life when I realized that living in heaven on earth was possible. Strangely enough, at the time I had decided to commit suicide and my parents and a lady friend of my mother's knew this. I was 21 years of age and had lost all useful reasons to stay alive any longer for a variety of reasons at that time. So, my mother wanted me to talk to this lady in her church because she was a "natural clairvoyant" like me. But instead of being a "baby bird" just out of the nest like me, she was an adult woman with 3 kids in her 40s who looked a lot like Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield at that time but who was also a mature "intuitive" and "clairvoyant" and extremely gifted. (We are still in contact now and she is in her 80s now).

She took me to her home and sat me down in her living room and proceeded to talk to me about the angels. I recounted my experience at age 2 of Archangel Michael appearing to me while I lay on my Scottish Grandmother's lap while she sang in her scottish brogue "Hark, The Herald Angels Sing".

While she was singing Archangel Michael came into the physical and stood before me with his other archangels in a huge sphere or circle of bright light. I was included into this circle or sphere of bright light and I have never been the same ever since. Though he healed me and saved my life of the whooping cough I was then dying with, I have been an Intuitive (I live with the living and the angels as well as the dead ever since).

But Bobby Jean is her name literally brought down the angels for me to see in the physical once again. Immediately there came the realization that I didn't have to go to all the trouble of killing myself if I could literally "Live in Heaven" here on earth all or most of the time. So, I gave up then and there my resolve to kill myself, because I realized I could live in Heaven here on earth all or most of the time after this experience.

This doesn't mean my life at times hasn't been unbearable to the point of screaming or crying or raging. It just means that I always know I can return to the "Pure Land of the Heaven Realm of the Present Moment" any moment I choose to. So, beneath any and all experiences that I have ever had since that moment with the angels and my now life long friend, I always live in the "Pure Land of the Heaven Realm of the Present Moment" which spans all time and space and simultaneously no time and no space. And if you are wise you will live there too as much as you can in any given moment.

No comments: