Tuesday, May 10, 2011

biting cold in Coastal California

I put on my motorcycle helmet for colder weather yesterday and was very glad I did. Just walking outside on the Northern California Coast seemed to drain all the warmth from a person. I was wondering whether the buildup of radiation in the atmosphere worldwide is a part of this change or whether there is some other causative factor because it shouldn't feel as cold as it does at these temperatures. Maybe its the moisture in the air not warming up that fast from the lack of sun in the fog and clouds lately. Anyway, everyone can't believe how cold the wind on the face makes everyone feel. Even I feel like I have to get into the hot tub outside to warm up my core temperatures to feel better. Very strange.

So, when I got on my Dualsport KLR 650 motorcycle I was very glad to have a fully enclosed helmet on. My face and head were very happy to be warm as I rode along the beach.

No comments: