This morning I got up and my wife was watching an old Star Trek Movie that came out in 1979. So I DVRed it so I could watch it later. As I watched the end of it I was thinking about the 2045 Singularity event and realized that if you watch the end of this movie this is one potential type of result of the 2045 Singularity where a human and technology might join, become immortal together and turn into light. Though this might not be a desirable outcome for some people, for others the idea of becoming immortal without any more physical pain might be something that they would want to pursue. The interesting thing about this type of concept is that it wouldn't matter if someone believed in God or not for them to become immortal in this way (theoretically speaking of course).
I think it is very important for people to begin to deal with the ethics of what is coming towards us very fast now over the next 20 to 50 years. It will all be upon us before we know it and it might be important to get prepared in order to prevent people from freaking out so much or jumping off of cliffs or worse. If you can see the future as I can it is coming. The only question is: What are you going to do about it?
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Reprint from 2010: To develop your gifts
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- Gyalwang Drukpa is an honorary title first given in the 1100s
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling