I was sort of worried about both our recently ex- California Governor and his wife Maria because both of them are dealing with so many personal crises this year. First, Arnold really wanted to be President of the United States and couldn't because he was born in Austria, so this was disappointing to him because he actually could have been elected President, (I'm pretty sure of that just like Reagan). Second, Maria has lost her father, mother and Uncle Senator Ted Kennedy within the last year or so. It takes about 2 to 5 years to get over losing one parent. I cannot even begin to imagine losing both parents that close together. When I lost my father it eventually (9 years later led to my divorce). I have met many many people who got divorces when even one parent died that shouldn't have gotten a divorce. Add to that going from being a governor and wife to private life and Arnold returning to acting as a movie star once again. Though we all think we are immortal we all have to start slowing down by our 50s and 60s in order to be respectful to ourselves and the reality of our lives.
The upshot of all this is that I hope they stay respectful to each other because I don't think their long term relationship is finished. I think both individually and collectively they have a lot on their plates and in addition they are moving towards the "empty nest syndrome" regarding their kids growing up and moving out. Trying to deal with this many changes for the whole family is sure to stress everyone to the max. But I think if they realize clearly how much they are dealing with they will be much kinder to themselves each other and their children. Life is never easy but when one person is down often the other has to be up to be able to stay together. So, I hope they just give each other space so they can eventually get back together for their sakes and their children's sakes.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Coronavirus cases spike as China sacks senior officials
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- February 3 coronavirus news
- The Radical Possibilities of Not Paying Your Student Loans
- An Increase of 15,000 cases of Coronavirus in China in one day!