next page after 17.
Excerpts from the May 30th, 2011 Time magazine that you can also find at time.com
The article (advertisement) is called "The 2011 Guide to Automotive Advancements and is sponsored by Toyota.
I found some very interesting ideas regarding hybrid and fuel cell technology here so I thought I might share some of it.
For example, in a graph here it shows that a fuel cell car has no emissions at all (unless you consider water vapor an emission). It has a range of 430 miles presently that are being presently tested for manufacture right now by Toyota.
"The next big thing: Plug-In Hybrid"
---Toyota is launching 11 different hybrid models within 2 years globally, seven of which will be all new, not merely the next generation of an existing model." end quote.
this is a pretty interesting development right there!
next quote: "The Prius Plug-in can operate in all-electric mode at highway speeds of up to 60 mph, producing zero emissions during short commutes."
next quote: "The Prius PLug-in Hybrid demonstration vehicle can be fully recharged with a household electric outlet of 110volts in just 3 hours. With a 220 volt outlet, it takes just one and a half hours to fully recharge-"
being quote: By 2035 there will be 1.6 billion cars on the roads of earth and if they all are non-hybrid gas and diesel driven cars the CO2 emissions will reach 8.2 billion metric tons per year.
Yet it's been estimated that if every one of those cars was powered by hybrid technology, combining a gas engine with an electric motor, those emissions could be cut nearly in half." end quotes.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Reprint from 2010: To develop your gifts
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- Gyalwang Drukpa is an honorary title first given in the 1100s
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling