Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spirituality

I personally find spirituality as being one of the most important things in life. Other people might value religion more highly but then people of differing religions often kill each other needlessly. I prefer not to be in this position. I prefer not to be a target and so I value spirituality on a higher plane than religion.

If I were to define what spirituality actually is I think my definition would be "A very deep feeling of kindredness with all life in the universe". I would further define this feeling as everyone's personal relationship with God beyond any one single religion.

Further, I would say that Spirituality is the single most important thing that keeps people from  killing themselves or others.

I would say religions are one of the main things that glue civilizations together.

I would further say that spirituality is what glues people together and keeps them alive and functional and useful.

So, if you want to be alive cultivate spirituality.

However, if you want your civilizations to survive cultivate your preferred religion if you are interested in religion.

But, just remember, if you like being alive spirituality trumps all religions. And a personal relationship with God and angels is far beyond any single religion because God in the end is all religions and no religions at all. Remember, God loves atheists too.

He also loves everything, every animal and creature and every single plant down to an amoeba on earth and every life form created in the universe past, present and future.

So, if you have a personal relationship with God and angels, religion is sort of redundant.

If you don't have a personal relationship with God then religion becomes more useful, I think.

No comments: