Thursday, May 22, 2014

Going Beyond Writer's Block

I suppose I would believe that one might be wanting to write at first a non-stressful but interesting thing to get beyond writer's block. I find Writer's block (which I usually don't have) comes from hiding from something you don't want to deal with in your life. So, because of whatever it is you are fearing it also blocks whatever you want to write.

So, maybe the first thing that might be helpful is to "make friends" with your subconscious mind.
How does one do that?

Each of us is different in this depending upon our cultural and religious background or even our lack of either in some cases. So, however, you can relate to yourself you need to so your conscious and subconscious minds sort of become friends.

For me, this is the way I see it: "My conscious mind is sort of like me wearing armor and prepared for battle with the world whereas my subconscious mind is sort of me at 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 10 or 12 which is much different than the me at a fully adult age wearing armor and a sword and maybe an Uzi or Kalashnikov or something like that for protection. So, make friends with your inner child or baby or it will make sure you stay locked up and never write again.

But, like I said each one of us has a metaphor for who we are now and who we once were. And one's subconscious mind is composed of every person we have been since the moment of conception in our mother's womb.

No comments: