Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Intravenous Feeding?

I called and asked my son if he thought I needed intravenous feeding because of my obviously complete ignorance on the subject. He said, "No, Dad"  (he has a B.S. in Nursing) mostly people who are in a coma are only put on intravenous feeding. You are recovering enough so no one would do that."

It's true that I also today after a bad dream last night got smart and asked friends to bring me Mangoes and Brown rice. Though I could only eat about 10 grains of rice and hour with a little piece of mango I found myself being awake for several hours straight today. So, I finally found something that wouldn't either mess up my stomach, make me throw up or give me such an acid stomach that I had to take 5 to 7 Tums yesterday not to have severe reflux.

The papain is very soothing in Papaya and Mangoes have a similar affect on me too. In this sense it was a very successful day in my recovery.

No comments: