If you look at the advanced solar cells on the Solar Impulse 2 in the last article you can see the whole wing, top of fuselage and horizontal part of tail section has solar cells on it. Likely combined with batteries something like Tesla makes is what makes this whole thing possible. Over time, it is possible you will see vehicles like this transporting larger and larger groups of people across nations and oceans all over the world. We are sort of like at the stage in solar flight where we were sometime between World War I and World War II with regular flight. However, Solar technology is going to make Solar cheaper financially to use in all nations on earth than oil is by 2025. However, in less developed nations you will still see mostly gasoline and diesel engines for some time to come. However, Solar will power not only planes but also cars more like solar powers Teslas and other plug in electrics and plug in hybrids often now.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- NordicTrack and Weight lifting
- Limitless pills (like the movie are for real) however, caution is advised (deleted article)
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- The Fox News general who 'spooked' Trump out of attacking Iran
- A former 'Mythbuster' built his own bulletproof Iron Man suit. It can fly, too.
- Iranian boats attempted to seize British tanker
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- History of the United States (1945–64) - Wikipedia