It is true we live in strange times indeed. However, I found the 1960s and 1970s much stranger in many ways. Then Kennedy, his brother, Martin Luther King, The Cuban Missile Crisis where we all thought we might be nuked out of existence, the Viet Nam War, The Cold War etc. was actually much worse than anything now.
But, how do you compare that to Global warming when it kills hundreds at a time from heat prostration or flooding or tornadoes worldwide or earthquakes and tsunamis?
I don't think you really can. Global Climate change is far more serious than anything that actually happened to us in the 1960s bar none.
So, we better get used to hundreds then thousands then millions of poor people dying yearly from all the changes worldwide. It just what is going to happen now.
And unfortunately the way things presently are things would get worse for the next 300 to 500 years even if people stopped burning all fires, burning all fuels completely today. So, imagine how bad it will be if we do nothing the next 300 to 500 years to try to mitigate the problem.
And overpopulation which is occurring almost everywhere people are uneducated is getting worse. The worst example of this is the middle East where Birth control has successfully been prevented by religion to the suffering ongoing of all there.(possibly for hundreds of years now). This is a good lesson for all mankind what ignorance actually can do when tolerated. It is a hellish ongoing outcome for people who live there. And it will continue to be hellish until birth control is instituted by all countries there at a level of where China has been the last 30 years now.
And the combination of Global Climate Change and overpopulation makes a good argument that some or all of the human races civilizations may go extinct during this century and after because of this combination of factors.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Amnesiac medications
- part of "Mahasiddha" from dragonofcompassion.com
- Kurzweil Graph of exponential growth of computing
- What is "Carry Water Chop Wood" all about?
- Are Xanax and Valium and other similar drugs the next opioid Crisis? Yes, it's already here.