Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Be the person you always wanted to meet

Many people have failed me in my life. I'm not sure any of them tried to fail me but they did. The lesson this taught me is to whenever possible not to fail the people who depend upon me. Even if I just met someone I try not to fail them. If someone on the street is begging money from me I try to give them something, a dollar or more and sometimes 5, 10 or even 20 if I feel God is showing me to.

Some people in my life failed me so miserably that I spent years trying not to kill myself because of them. And not years I could afford to lose but ages 21 to 25. Then the only way I could find to go on was "If you can't be with the one you love then love the one you're with" as the song goes. This kept me alive until I met my first wife and my son was born. After my son was born I had a reason to stay alive ever since.

So now, I try to be the person I always wanted to meet, someone wise, someone kind, someone enlightened, someone helpful in the extreme, someone who would have helped me not suffer as much as I did, someone I could believe in.

I have met very few people in my life that were people I actually wanted to meet so I try to be one of those that people never forget as long as they live. I don't do it for me but for all those now suffering like I have. So they don't have to suffer as bad or as long as I did.

If you are the person people have waited to meet their whole lives then you are someone that the human race has always waited for. If you choose to be someone like this then that is who you will BE.

No comments: