Friday, April 24, 2009

Arcane 4-24-09

When I named the main Character in "Memories" I chose Arcane to denote "Technical esoteric knowledge not understood by most present day earth born humans". Not knowing or understanding certain kinds of knowledge doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It simply means one has not been exposed to that kind of knowledge at all for one reason or another.

So, a man from another time and another planet who is very sophisticated in the ways of that planet and very specialized according to his abilities seemed very natural to me in actually understanding someone from another time and space than ours. That he was also a biological descendant of the present humans of earth seemed useful to me so people would be less taken aback by finding out he breathed both water and air and had golden eyes and a very long tongue and could live as easily underwater as above water in the ocean or streams and lakes that came from rainwater.

On top of this he is both very intelligent and very intuitively gifted. So, we all know that in the lives of the very intelligent and intuitively gifted almost anything can happen in actuality. This made this person much more interesting to me. When I initially wrote this I thought I was writing science fiction as a therapy for difficult experiences I was trying to work out in my 20s. I did not find out until I almost died and was forced to retire in 1998 that Arcane was actually a past life of mine lived in the future, present and past through time travel. This was actually quite shocking for me to realize. It made me think that movies such as Star Wars might actually be the past lives of the authors who wrote them and the same for the charaters in Star Trek as well. Anything that creates an almost religious like following of people creates the possibility that it all could be based upon truth.

So, Arcane saves his planet but has to be banished in order to maintain peace with the planet's government that he defeated single handedly. Basically, in addition to becoming a planetary hero, he inadvertently also became a de facto God and had to leave for the greater good of the two planets to become at peace once again. By coming back to earth where he was Darshan during Atlantis he comes to understand himself better and by understanding himself better he is able to help more beings similar to himself in many ways throughout both time and space. Though he still has to deal with having become Godlike, he is wise enough to know and humble enough to know he is only a man with Godlike gifts. He is able to stay balanced because of this and able to continue helping mankind on earth and many other planet for thousands of years because of this.

No comments: