Monday, April 13, 2009

Thyroid Solutions

As someone who had thyroid problems and didn't know it for at least 20 years of my life,(likely from around age 30 to age 58), I now have some solutions for others who have similar problems but don't know it.

First of all some of my symptoms over they years: hypoglycemia starting in my early thirties, heart virus at age 49 which caused me to retire, feeling all over the place emotionally from my late 30s until I was 59. Only by being very mentally disciplined from surviving childhood epilepsy from ages 10 to 15 years of age without being allowed by my parents any use of any medication to alleviate my symptoms like phenobarbitol.

Other symptoms related(I realize now) were irregular heart rythms etc. Though I do have an irregular heartbeat it hadn't caused me any problems that I know of until I contracted thyroid problems. One other symptom was that I got cold very easily.

All these problems suddenly disappeared when I starting taking Armour Thyroid tablets. Now some of you might not want to use this product because it is taken from pig thyroids. If so, you might want to take synthroid which is a synthetic thyroid replacement product.

However, since I prefer organic medicines to synthetic medicines because all synthetic medicines,even though they are the only ones that drug manufacturers can patent, always have side effects that none of us want. So, I prefer the most organic product available if it is going to be a medicine I put into my body for a long time.

There is another side to all this as well that I have thought about. It is possible that whatever the pig eats good or bad could affect the armour thyroid product. However, I decided that I would rather risk that than risk all kinds of side affects from taking synthroid.

I have never regretted once taking Armour Thyroid tablets. I feel like I did when I was 30 years old and younger in my body and mind and emotions. All my symptoms that were slowly killing me have gone. So it is like being 25 or 30 again only with all the aches and pains of being 60 added in. So, relatively speaking life is very good now.

If you suspect you have a thyroid problem because you have some of my symptoms or can't lose or can't gain weight(both often thyroid related problems) you should ask your doctor to allow you to take a thyroid blood test(there are two) so you can possibly feel better if this is your diagnosis as well as mine.

No comments: