Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A new level of Crazy here on Earth

Many of you may have reached this point 6 months or a year or more ago. However, I have been able one way or the other to keep it glued together to the point where it all seemed manageable to me, the world that is. However, today, I began to feel the rips and tears in a new way. I couldn't really say that one day everything will be okay on earth again. I was definitely feeling like we will never see anything even remotely like the 20th century ever again. And strangely enough I'm not sure whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, probably both.

However, the craziness feels more like 1903 with the Wright Brothers kind of crazy or maybe Yalta where world leaders lost it in 1933 and doomed the world to more depression and World War II. However, whatever is to come now has REALLY NEVER HAPPENED ON EARTH BEFORE(at least in recorded history).

It's almost like everyone has given up working together because (trust is gone, baby) and now it is every man, woman and child for themselves. I hope that isn't it.

A man came up to me while I was buying gas for my car tonight. He said, "You have any spare change for a meal?" Since I have made it a policy to give something to anyone who asks me personally for help as a Good Samaritan, at first I started to pull out my wallet but then realized that this person might be too desperate if I pulled out my wallet. Instead I have quarters in a plastic cylindrical M&M's miniature candy dispenser(likely about 6 or 7 dollars half full) so I pulled that out and handed it to him since I had used the other half of the quarters for parking meters that day. At least the guy was going to get a meal to fill his belly. He said, "Oh my God! Gold Bless you. My God, that's wonderful!" and walked away. He showed his gratitude. He would get a meal and I was free to go. I felt a sort of peace like when I started this giving behavior in 1985 in Bodhgaya, India. I hope we don't have 20% to 30% begging here like it seemed like in India then in 1985 here soon. I hope "Bakshish!" isn't heard here like it was then, the begging statement of need. I'm not sure where this is all going but I hope the world survives this. Global economic collapse interfaced with Global Climate change can only severely reduce humans on earth. I'm not sure I want to live see that happen. But I owe it to my kids and wife to stay alive for them. So I will stay alive by the Grace of God.

No comments: