Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pray for our Troops

I have grown used to seeing the yellow ribbons of plastic magnets and stickers that usually say, "Support Our Troops" for at least the last 5 years or more here in the U.S.

However, today I saw a sticker that said simply, "Pray for our Troops". I found I like this sticker even better. This actually made more sense to me than the sticker "Support our Troops". For if one is in the business of death like soldiers and policemen worldwide then they see death sometimes almost every day. Prayers then become much more necessary for people dealing with death on almost a daily basis. The prayers for those who die both soldiers, policemen and others are very important so souls don't get so confused in transiting to the other side.

As someone who has been able to watch souls pass out of their bodies, as well as what happens to all kinds of souls after death, prayers are necessary for all beings to make a safe and sane transition to the other side. I even pray for animals-road kill when I see dogs, cats, raccoons, deer, or even squirrels or birds dead or dying on the highway as I pass by.

What is amazing to me over the years is finding that there is just as diverse a group of souls within animals as there is in humans. This wasn't what I was taught growing up but it IS my experience. For example, there are animal souls that might say, "Thank you! No one has prayed for me yet!" Or "The soul is very angry at being hit by a car." or a Baby animal's soul might be incredibly innocent because it hadn't even had time to adjust to being in its body before it died.

So, whether one is praying for a soldier, a policeman, an enemy combatant, a regular person, an animal, or a bird or whatever, praying is very necessary for a good transition of any physical beings soul to the next place or other side.

I have found that when I have helped souls during their time of need they tend to return the favor to me and my family by making our lives better while here on earth.

IN 1983 I took Ahimsa Vows which mean I try not to kill anything even insects. However, I do believe in self defense in regard to all beings. So, I always defend myself and my family or any vulnerable being that I sense needs my help whenever I can.

So, once again, prayers work for all beings and are very important especially when beings transit out of their bodies at death or transit into their bodies at birth. Both times need our prayers to make these transitions good in God's eyes.

No comments: