I stayed at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort and Spa in Indian Wells, California (near Palm Springs) during the Coachella Music Festival a year ago and happened to ride up in one of the elevators with the lady singer from Portishead(England or Ireland). Groups like Prince, The Republic Tigers, Radiohead, DeVotchka, The Duke Spirit, Man Man, Minus the Bear, The Ting Tings, and many others were there then.
Later at night there were about 50 limousines for a party being thrown by Prince for all the band members and their entourages. I thought it was funny because the limousines had no place to park in the parking lot and had to keep circling the party convention center throughout the party because they were too long to fit in any parking spot there.
Though I was there primarily to visit my son and his girlfriend I thought it great fun to be in the middle of all this too.
If you like Golfing and fancy swimming pools then the Hyatt Grand Champions is the place for you. Also, in the summer off season it is much less expensive if you are looking for good rates. However, if you go then be ready for the temperature never to go below about 70 or 80 degrees Fahrenheit and sometimes in August and September the temperature doesn't go below 90 degrees at night. But that time of year the average high temperature is between 105 to 115 degrees each day, though I have seen 125 degrees Fahrenheit in this area.
High season for this area would be between November and March or April(quite similar to Hawaii in their time for high season). During this time if the weather is good you might see daily temperatures reach into the 70s or 80s Fahrenheit which is why the Palm Springs area is a Winter destination for many people.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- The Art of War - Wikipedia: Sun Tzu
- Natural Gas futures jump to 2 week high over more heat
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Where the surfer died from the Shark
- found more info on Vaccine! UK and Germany start Coronavirus Vaccine Trial: Indian PHarma will also play big role
- researcher in India designs potential covid-19 VACCINE CANDIDATES
- We can take action or lose the drugs we have: Jean Patel regarding antibiotics